Succession and Transition Workshop
1-Day Workshop + Coaching
$1995 +GST (per person)
What is it?
This 1-day workshop will work through a process to help you objectively and systematically understand yourself, your context, your business, your desired future and your options so you can plan your succession strategy. Each organisation will also engage in 3 hours of follow-on coaching with the facilitator to drill down on areas relevant to you and your business, which is included in the cost of the initial workshop.
Running a business is hard work. Most business owners find themselves too absorbed in leading and managing the business to devote time to planning for succession. But the longer succession planning is delayed, the fewer options business owners have to meet their personal and business goals. Getting your head out of the sand and planning for succession, means you can retain control over the outcome. But you need to think about your desired end game now, not tomorrow or the next day.
Who is it for?
Business owners of established businesses and family businesses who haven’t planned for ownership and/or management succession or, in the case of family businesses, inter-generational succession.
What will be covered?
- What is succession planning and how is it different to business planning?
- Who are your stakeholders? Family, owners, managers and employees, customers
- What are your options?
- Choosing your future
- Planning your future
- Transitioning to your future
- Evaluations, reflections and learning
On this workshop, you will:
- Gain fresh perspectives, insights and frameworks to understand yourself, your business, your options and the associated potential implications or risks in your succession plan
- Get a clear understanding of your values and drivers and how your business and personal goals intersect
- Meet other business owners and share common experiences and issues
- Recognise that succession is a journey not an event and understand what steps you need to take to get you to your goal
- If you’re a family business, you’ll make decisions on who will succeed the current generation and how you will preserve the company values by providing a smooth transition of ownership and management.
- Leave with a pragmatic and purposeful action plan to follow with clear next steps.
Evana grew up in a successful family business and has been around SMEs her whole life. She is a registered psychologist with over 15 years experience spanning a range of industries, sectors and business sizes. A firm believer in what she terms ‘real advice’, Evana is known for her pragmatism and delights in seeing her clients challenge their own thinking and find meaningful solutions. Evana launched Working Minds, after identifying a need for practical advice and answers to people related questions within a business context. Previously she worked in organizational development for an Australian Financial Services firm and an American IT company as well as a number of years in the largest business psychology practice, as a senior consultant responsible for advising clients on all facets of individual, team and organizational development including: Telecom, Fonterra, Air NZ and the UN.
Where and when?
25 June 2019, Auckland
7 November 2019, Nelson
The cost of the workshop is $1,995 + GST.
A special reduced rate of $1,195 + GST is available to subsequent participants from the same organisation on the same workshop. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register subsequent participants.
A special discounted price of $1,795 + GST is available to all Vodafone Business customers, Chartered Accountants NZ members and Xero customers. Find out more here.
The Icehouse workshops are registered for Capability Development Funding available through the Regional Business Partner Network. The value of the vouchers vary and they can be used to cover up to 50% of the workshop cost (capped at $5,000 per annum). We can connect you to your local Regional Business Partner for more information.
Peter Leitch Director, Guaranteed Flow Systems Ltd
“You don’t have to be ready to make changes, just get ready for the future. You’ll have a better result if you have a plan.”